Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dishing It Out with Ginger Simpson

First on our Host Recognition Feature, and I'm sure she will amuse you as much as she does me,  I would like to welcome Ginger Simpson!  Ginger has been hosting book tours with us for a few months now and she is a wonderful woman and host.  She is the owner of the "Dishing It Out" blog.

Welcome Ginger!

I had the opportunity to ask Ginger a few questions.  So let's get started and learn more about Dishing It Out with Ginger Simpson!

1.  What do you love most about blogging?
Blogging allows me to interact with people almost immediately after they comment.  It also gives me a place to rant, rave, and celebrate milestones in my life and career.  For several years I did a monthly newsletter, but when blogging became the rage, I switched over and I love it.

2.  Do you have a most memorable post?
I have more memorable posts than you have room for.  I always wanted to be a stand-up comic, so I use humor to entertain my readers…that’s when I’m not hosting a slew of other authors to help promote their work.  I believe in paying it forward.

3.  What is the funniest thing you have ever blogged about?
Oh, my gosh.  I’m sixty-four-years-old and I can’t recall where I was three minutes ago.  I guess people will just have to go to my blog and find what amuses them most.  Trust me, I’ve blogged about a lot of things…actually, I just recalled one post called “A Little Saturday Toilet Humor.”  Here’s the link: http://mizging.blogspot.com/2009/02/little-saturday-toilet-humor.html   If you’re easily offended, then don’t go, but I laughed for hours when I read it.

4.  What do you hope your readers will take away from your blog?
I hope people will see that I’m a real person with a life, family and problems just like everyone else.  Since my life is an open book on my blog, I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t see the obvious flaws.

5.  Where do you hope to take your blog in the future?
I love that my “followers” are growing in numbers, and I’m jazzed when I see new names added to my email subscriptions.  I would love to one day be recognized as one of the most entertaining and informative blogs on the web.

6.  Do you ever have contests and/or giveaways on your blog?
I host fellow authors frequently, and many times, prizes are awarded to a name picked from someone who commented on the post.  I’ve held contests myself, given away copies of books, promo items, and even promised to dedicate a WIP to only lucky person.  People like getting things for free, even if it’s not something costly.

7.  In your opinion, how would readers, old and new,  benefit from your blog?
I believe that the vast genres and topics displayed at Dishin’ It Out can be a form of entertainment for all ages.  I always ask my visiting blogger to post a disclaimer prior to presenting anything that has sexual content or may be offensive to some folks.  I expect to see much more for the younger crowd since my first YA offering, Shortcomings, will soon make a debut.

8.  Anything you would like to share, thoughts, events, etc?
I have eight new releases coming in 2011.  I would love to have people stop by my blog, http://mizging.blogspot.com, and my website, http://www.gingersimpson.com and check out the coming attractions.  There is something for every age group.  I love to hear from fans and peers alike, so comments are always welcome.  Thank you so much for letting me share a little about myself and my blog.

Absolutely Ginger and thank you so much for all you do.  You run a wonderful blog and I hope everyone will take the time to stop in and see you.  Eight new releases is quite a few and I am wishing you much success!

Please stop on over to Dishing It Out and/or leave a comment for Ginger here.  Show her some blogging love :)!

David Fingerman, author of Silent Kill,  will be appearing on Ginger's Blog on October 20th.  Be sure to check it out!

http://virtualbooktourcafe.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Karen McGrath

Ginger, you're my favorite! I love your blog and paying it forward is so cool. I like to do that, too. Cool interview! :) You go, girl!

Pat Dale

Ginger, the more I learn about you, the more I wish you were my neighbor. Of course, I'd probably spend all my time yakking it up and not get my writing done. LOL
Happy blogging!
Pat Dale

Margaret West

Blogging love winging its way from me to you,ginger lol

Chris Redding

Ginger is one of the sweetest and funniest people I know online or not online.
cmr

Maggie Dove

Hi Ginger,

I love Dishing It Out. Keep up the good work. You always deliver a fabulous read!

Maggie

Cate Masters

Wonderful interview. Always great to learn more about you, Ginger. Kudos to you for opening your blog doors to other authors. You're a wise and generous soul. :)

Unknown

Hi Ginger,
I love your blog. I can honestly say I have never read a dull interview, or personal post, and your sense of humor always makes me smile.
Your blog helps so many authors. Keep it up, I'm a regular.

Margaret Tanner

Hi ginger,
I love Dishin it Out too, one of the best blogs on the net in my humble opinion. Always good for a laugh. Best of luck with all your 2011 publishing ventures.

Regards

Margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...